In 1878-1882 Trustees of Lawson made Dantes Glen one of the most accessible rainforests in the Blue Mountains region. The track had well constructed long flights of stone steps and ladders. More tracks were build between 1895 and 1910 linking the other natural wonders in the area such as Hazelbrook’s Echo Point, Frederica Falls and Empire Pass. The Picnic Area was developed in 1930. Parts of the original track system have since been turned into fire trails.